arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Kit"

Punzalan, Justin 9-E

I. Introduction

Love can be classified as a word where two people share their lives. But love is not the only word to define it. Another term is marriage, marriage is a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws. As for us guy teens, we may be joking or playing around with girls at this age. But for me, I believe we should start treating girls as people whom we love and care about. We may be teens but we should start learning how to care for girls.   

II. Story

I was a guitarist for a band which started at an early age. After a few years of being together as a band, we released an album which was a success. After 4 years, we had a world tour and after one of our concerts, a girl approached me. She had a beautiful smile and long hair. I found out she was also a musician playing for her band in San Francisco. While being a successful musician, I found out that she was abused by her ex-boyfriend because of drugs and alcohol. That is why I felt sorry for her and we see each other every week and every time we see each other, we just play music to keep us happy. After a few months I've thought to myself that I should ask her to be my girlfriend. And a few years after I asked her to be my wife. At the wedding, all of my friends, band mates and family members were there to witness me and my wife's wedding. During the reception, I sang a song I wrote to my wife and she loved it for the rest of her life. 12 years later we've both decided to start another band of our own and after 5 years we released our first album. And together with our album, We had our first son named Kit which later on became a famous painter. And through the years I have made sure that she had forgotten about her ex-boyfriend.

III. Reflection

Even if I am just a teenager with no knowledge with marriage. I have realized that marriage is important to all of us. Knowing that in the story, the guy's love for his wife was still there when he was still a hardworking musician. This shows that we should have time for our wives. Also, marriage is a promise to God that we would love each other for the rest of our lives. That is why marriage is important to us people and also to the Catholic Church. 


10 comments:

  1. Alavet! I thought the girl was kit. The story is very nice and shows an ecample of a catholic family. This story gave me hope. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Punzie this was amazing. You taught me so much and I love how you wrote a song for your wife. This story gives out so much lessons as a catholic. I'm proud of Ya Punzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful story. This story gave me a lot of inspiration and adivce to b come a better catholic. This teaches you how to become a better person aswell. Punzie this is swag

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how Punzie stated that when you start to become teenagers you have to learn how to respect people and if you are a boy to respect girls. It is important that before you start a relationship you have to learn how to respect others especially the one you are soon to be with. I liked how Punzie mentioned some parts of the importance of Catholic Marriage and how it bonds you with your partner and most especially the kingdom of God.
    Andrea Nierras 9D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how this story shows us that love is a very powerful thing, and that even some will forget about their horrible past.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very good. Even though Punzie was busy, he still found time and beauty in a girl.. 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first, i thought you were gonna be with kit, but after reading it, it wasnt like i thought, really good job! I love that you have time management! Really good work! -Teo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The story is cool because it shows real love by forgetting one's past and moving on for the better

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think its really important to forget what someone did because its also important to forgive someone

    ReplyDelete
  10. This story is reall nice and it really shows the feeling of love and it shows true love

    ReplyDelete