arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Born a Yankee

Carlos Muñoz Sr. E

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve played Baseball. My father and the rest of my family played the sport and they got me into it. My parents pushed me hard and made me really enjoy the sport. While I was still young, I started watching Baseball on TV. They would always show games played by the New York Yankees on TV because the team bought the rights. I would watch as many games as I could and always cheered them on. This was during the years that they won their many championships. I knew then that my dream was to play in the MLB for the New York Yankees.

I grew up idolizing the entire roster of the New York Yankees, especially the current captain, Derek Jeter. Derek Jeter was the most clutch player and one of the greatest players all time. He was respected by everyone and he was the guy that had everything you would ever want. He was rich, famous, had the girls and was loved by everyone. I played Baseball trying to be as good as he was. I wanted to play shortstop like he did, even if it wasn’t my real position.

I know that I have a gift in the sport and that I am a good player. It’s not being proud, it’s being confident. I was later on moved and made a pitcher and outfielder. Even though I didn’t play shortstop like my idol did, I still enjoyed the positions I play to this day. I know that it’s very tough to become a pro player and even tougher become a Yankee. It’s a dream that I’ll never let go and a dream that I want my kids to have as well. My parents still support me and help me in trying to accomplish my dream. One day, I know I will get there because I was born to be a Yankee.

No comments:

Post a Comment