arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

"Lucky I'm In Love With My Bestfriend Bene"

Marianne Renee A. Valdes cn:40 of 9A


          My love story is quite different as everybody else's – it’s very special. Let me tell you how I fell in love with my best friend and ended up marrying him despite many struggles we had during the past. It all began when I was 5 years old.  It was my first day of pre-school and as any kid would be, I was terrified and shy. When it was recess, I was all alone, no one to talk to, just me all by myself just sitting down, watching all of my classmates play. One little boy who had tan skin, brown hair and had big brown eyes approached me and asked me if he could stay with at first. I was shy but a few minutes later I was comfortable with him and we became friends. His name is Bene. Ever since that day, we would hang out every break time.


When we were in elementary we transferred schools. Bene went to an all boys school while I went to an all girls school. My parents were always over protective and wouldn't allow any boy to go near me except Bene because my parents trusted him. Every Friday, me and Bene would always go to this tree house and tell each other’s stories, have a picnic, and hang out there.
As one day passes, we began to build a stronger relationship. I began to feel something, something I never felt before.  It is something I couldn’t understand.  But now I understand that I was falling in love with my bestfriend.


2014 was a painful year. It was the year I had to leave the Philippines and go to Canada for my parents work. A week before I left, Bene and I would hang out together as much as we could because we knew we wouldn’t see each other again. At the tree house, the night before Ileft, Bene confessed his love to me and I just couldn't say anything.  I was speechless with nothing to say. All I said was "No, I’m sorry I just can't do this". Right after saying that, I knew I would regret it but I just didn't. I knew it wouldn't just work it would break our relationship as friends.


The first two months we would always contact each other despite the time difference.  We would stay up late talking to each other with endless calls and texts but on the third month I stopped contacting him and ignoring all of his messages. I did it because I secretly love him and it just hurts to see the person I love not with me and will never be together.


After 5 years I went back to Manila. I forgot everything about my best friend that Isecretly loved.  While I was walking, some guy bumps me and my drink making it fall. The guy apologized and bought me another drink. The barista asked for my name so I said my name then the guy looked at me and smiled. I found it weird because I think I knew the guy but I don't remember. After all, I was gone for a long time.  When I sat down, he sat down in front of me and smiled and we chatted for awhile. It was then that I realized it was my best friend, Bene.


After years of being together we decided to make a big decision. We decided to get married and live together forever. We both wanted to get married in a big, beautiful and the church where both of our parents got married in. The church we got married in was at San Agustin Church of Manila. While I was walking down the aisle I have mixed emotions.  I was happy and nervous at the same time. As soon as I sat down for the sacrament of matrimony to start I could feel the presence of God so my nervousness was gone and I knew he was watching me as I get married. Now I am a mother of three beautiful children and married to the love of my life. Bene and I went through the struggles but everything would always come out well. Who knew I would marry my first friend, first boy friend and last boyfriend. Every single day of my life I thank God because He gave me a wonderful life and family.

Reflection
Even though all of this is just fantasy and in the future, this project made me realize how marriage is a big deal. It is a life changing decision because once you get married there is no going back to being single. Choosing who I would marry is a very difficult decision. Before getting married I would ask these questions to myself, Is he the right partner for me? Am I willing to give up things for him? And the most important question is, Will I be able to live my whole life with him and be faithful to him? All these questions would apply to our marriage so it’s a must for me to answer these. This project also taught me to how to be wise in my future married life and that the secret to a successful married life is having God as the center of our lives.

8 comments:

  1. I love this story. Very inspiring. It gave me hope. Reminded me that God will always be with us. I love it. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story is really good. It's so futuristic and cute. You could really feel the love within them. It's is really inspiring and hope-giving. This story is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna Elicaño 9D
    This story proves that the key for a sucessful marriage is commitment. It also proves that as long as you love each other, you can get through any obstacle. I 'm glad you learned this lesson at a young age! Many couples realize this too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken Diamante- The story was very heartwarming and very nice. It was easy to see the love in the words that the author wrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that this will give hope to others. This is a great story about love. I recommend people to read this. You can actually feel the feelings the author has put here. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annika Borromeo
    The story was very ravishing and nice to read! It taught me that fate and destiny do exist. "If its meant to be, it will be"... The story deepens the meaning of that quote. It also shows that the Lord will always be there to guide us because He has a plan for each of us.

    ReplyDelete