arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Frustration in Choice

by: Ray Polito Sr-C

      A best friend is someone who showed his or her worth to be our right hand. He will always be there in our time of need, and will not hesitate to defend you. In all of our success and failures, he will be by our side without doubts. Our life will be incomplete without our best friend. Throughout our problems and happiness, this one friend, has stood strong for our own sake. And yet, we will always come across our lover. The one person who eventually becomes the person we are willing to spend the rest of our life with, the missing piece in our everlasting search for happiness. A lover can mean anything; the one, or perhaps, a devotion to a Divine Being. This lover is the person who will stay by our side “‘till death do us part.”

      The one question, however, that stands is: who is more important to my life, a best friend or a lover? Let’s give a scenario. If I am stranded on a boat with my best friend and my lover as companions, and the only way for me to survive is by risking the life of one of the two, who will I save?

      It’s hard to choose between a best friend and a lover. We all have experienced the greatness of life with both of them. We share our success and failure with them. Sadly, there are times when we have to risk one of them. Our life is not perfect; it’s a failure by design. Given such situation, I would choose to save my lover. Many people would argue that the best friend is far important compare to the lover. I beg to differ. In such a case, a best friend will offer himself up despite my own rejection of his choice. In the same way, my lover will do as my best friend tries. The weight of their significance in my life is too big to simply dump; however, this lover is the one person I would devote my life. In my view, a man and his lover is one. A best friend should not stand in between them because no man has the right to break them off. The greatest sacrifice a person can do is to sacrifice his own friend. The greatest friend we ever had gave up his life for our sake.

      The reason I still stand that saving my lover is the better act is my love for her. This love is completely different from the platonic love lingering between me and my best friend. This romantic love sorts of defies all the physics in nature. She becomes an inspiration to live everyday and end it with a good notion. Through arguments and fights, this lover will always be the person I will want to spend the rest of my life with. Falling in love is one of the peculiar aspects of nature. It just comes without warning. This feeling towards a lover can be powerful for its peaceful and destructive nature.
      One cannot replace either one if either passes away, but they will always be a memory of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment