arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Helena"

Viggo Balcita 9-A C.N. 3

When you are married things usually don't go as planned. No matter what happens
you will always be faithful to your wife/husband. Finding your special someone will happen
at some point some people meet their special someone when they were young and some
when they were a little bit older. Finding that someone is up to God. God will pair us up
which that someone. This is my "story" of how I met my wife and how I envision my self
10-15 years from now. My story begins like a platonic relationship but soon became a
romantic relationship like all marriages. This is how it goes:

I have been loving music ever since I was a small child. It was my hobby. Because
of school, I was not able to pursue my passion. After college, I was finally able to pursue
my hobby and join the music industry to form a band and that's where I met Helena. She
loved using the piano and violin and I loved using the guitar so because of that we quickly
became friends. We would perform together and just play our instruments all day. When
we were not playing our instruments, we would just watch television all day. It was really
relaxing.

After quite some time I decided to ask her to go out with me. To that she answered
yes. I decided to go somewhere simple so a picnic was perfect. We played and ate food
that day. We relaxed and talked about random topics not related to our lives whatsoever. I
then realized I really enjoyed that day and that opened my heart to what I really felt on the
inside. It was something warm and it made me feel different. This feeling that I was
experiencing was love.

After I explained these feeling to her we soon went into a relationship. This kind of
relationship was simple yet enjoyable. It really made me feel different. After a couple of
years, I finally proposed. We were both very religious so we decided to get married in a
church. During that 6-8 months of preparation, all I did was pray to God that this marriage
would become a success. 

After the months have passed the waiting was finally over and all I could think of is what will be our lives after this marriage. Our wedding took place in PCJ, the church where we always go for mass. We chose this church because it gave us so much memories that we could not pass the opportunity. We were made Man and Wife by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. The priest told us that we should always stay a couple and that's what we did. It was one of the most eventful day of my life.
Our married life was simple. We would not do any extraordinary events. We would
just stay home and live our life. We still go out for work and of course, Sunday Mass. We
would pray that we would want to have a simple life. It was great life. It made feel as
though some empty spot was covered, the only ones who could have done that was either
God or that special someone.

Reflection: This life I just explained was I want my married life to be. I want it to be simple
and religious. I know God has a plan for me and I shall not interfere. If my married life was
exactly the opposite of what I just described, I can't complain. God know what's best and if
he made my life like the one I just envisioned or the complete opposite, I will trust him
because he knows what makes us all happy. "A wife of noble character is her husband's
crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones." Proverbs 12:4. This noble
woman described in this passage will be picked by God for me. The reason why I am truly
inspired of this quote is because of how we should not always be independent and that we
need someone to "lean" on too. God made us so that we could spread good. I believe that
having a partner, wife or husband can help so much in spreading the Word of God. With
marriage, we are able to live our life as happily as we can. But then again, this is only my
prediction if the future.

12 comments:

  1. I liked how the story started with him introducing the type of relationships they went through. The part where they met through having the same passion for something was cute. Viggo was my classmate last school year and in his story it shows that his personality came out when he made the story.
    Andrea Nierras 9D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice story! I like the bible verse in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Elicaรฑo 9D
    This story was very touching! I had a big smile on my face when you finally asked her out. I also loved how you described your relationship with her. The part I loved most from your reflection. Many couples realize this lesson too late. I realized things I never really thought of (like how you should trust God's plan, and recognize God's presence in the marriage).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good story. There are many things that can be learnt by this. Even though the marriage wasent extravagant or very extraordinary it was still succeeful. I think many people should read this for advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edrian Dagohoy CN:11 9D
    "Helena" is a well-written story about love. I like how the author mentioned something from the bible. I think this could help ones that gave up on their love life and continue to like their crush. Even though this is just an ideal married life. I recommend people to read, especially because I got interested in this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the introduction. It really showed detail. This story taught me a lot as a catholic and showed me how to act when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great story. I like how he explains the details of it first and the detailed information as the story goes on. I like that he's thinking ahead. Best of luck to you Viggo. If you do get married, invite me!!! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

    Willbourn Cabulisan 9D 6

    ReplyDelete
  8. My reaction to"Helena"
    The thing I love most about this story is the simplicity of their love. They met each other while doing something they both loved and shared interests in. He wants his married life to be simple and religious, not extravagant like some people. I also like the fact that he trusts God with whatever decision he makes and does not want to interfere with his will. To summarize this story teaches us an important life lesson: That simple things are the best.
    Kartikey Khanna 9-A

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is the story of two People who are really in love with music, and starts playing together all they long and some performances, I was really surprised that the author wrote this story of one on my friend which is Helena, anyways this story all began with music, that found each other and never wants to break u with it

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like how this story was simple. It's also nice. I like it. I also like how God is the center of their marriage. It also serves a lesson: that love stories can also be simple. -Corina de Villa 9B

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the story because it is realistic. They got both music and love in them. They are both humble and simple. The simplicity of their love is the charm. The simple love make it more interesting.

    Kim Yeeun - 9A

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice story. It was well written, was realistic, and detailed. I like how they didn't have an extravagant wedding but had a simple wedding instead, as long as you have each other, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete