arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Teaching Requires Skill and Passion

Excellent Work Of Bea Angela T. Lozada Senior – E

CL Minor Project # 1

“I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” This quotation said by Lily Tomlin truly defines what teaching is. That is what I really like about teachers and their vocation. They give you not only lessons that will help you excel in academics, but also lessons in life that will define you as a person. You’d probably ask why I’m talking about the teaching profession here. That’s because after listening to what my heart has been saying, I want to pursue the same career. And I am hoping that the closest to me, my family, and everyone else around me will help me achieve this. 

Some may say that teaching requires a lot of skill. But for me, it’s not just about skills. It’s also about passion. You may have the skills of a teacher, but having the heart of one can be difficult to obtain. Teaching also requires passion and obligation, and I put my hands down to all the teachers who have dedicated their lives for teaching. Although teaching is my dream career, I also have weaknesses that could become obstacles in achieving my dream. One of which is impatience, and this is one thing that I would like to eradicate. I am trying my best to do this by being more open-minded and by taking into consideration other people’s feelings. Annie Sullivan, for me, is an epitome of a great teacher. She is the teacher of the famous Helen Keller. I can say she has both the skills and the heart of being a teacher. Educating a blind, deaf, and mute child can never be easy. And being passionate about it makes it even more difficult. And I, with great respect and admiration, believe that Annie Sullivan did her part well and happily. 

Knowing Anne Sullivan’s story, I have learned that she has done so many great things in her life through her teaching profession, and I envy that. Her inspiring story helped me further realize that influencing and transforming other people’s lives is what life is about, and I believe that the teaching profession will help me reach that goal. Deciding and dreaming of becoming a teacher in the future would perhaps be the happiest and most satisfying thing that I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment