arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Love Indeed

By: Lanz Tionglico 40 9E

I was nervous, my legs were shaking and my heart was beating faster than the flash why? because it was my wedding day. I tried to calm myself by drinking a can of sprite and then I started thinking about what happened 15 years ago when I met the girl that I am about to marry now. Fresh out of high school it was my first day in college I was walking in the hallway to my class and I accidentally bumped into a girl that was rushing to her class and we both said sorry to each other and I realized that she had dropped her notebook, I tried to give it back but I couldn't see her anymore. Suddenly, I realized I was late for class! I rushed to the classroom and when I got there I saw the girl I bumped into and apparently we were taking up the same course which was BS management I gave her back the notebook and she thanked me. After school she went to me and thanked me again saying that that notebook was really important to her. I asked her if she wanted to have lunch with me and she said yes. 

During lunch we were getting to know each other well and from there we became friends. After a few weeks I started liking her so but I didn't feel like telling her. It was Valentine's Day when I finally got the courage to tell her and ask her out. I arrived at her house in my Chevy Impala and I brought her to the movie. She became my girlfriend after a few dates and 5 years later we both graduated from college and we were still together. I decided to take her on a trip to Hawaii since she loved beaches. During mid-afternoon I decided to propose to her during the sunset and now here I am getting ready for my wedding day. We decided to get married in Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in Los Angeles. We agreed to only invite family and friends and keep it small and simple, the reception was in The Grand Long Beach. Two days after we had our honeymoon trip in Alaska. 

We flew back to California. I started working as a businessman getting great deals and successful projects so I bought me and my wife a house in Compton, Los Angeles. We were both living a happily married life and got a new dog named snoop.

Conclusion & Reflection: I realized from making this story that marriage is very important in life and that it can help keep you up and happy. Marriage is the result of the commitment of a husband and his wife to each other and to God most importantly. It is where you and your spouse make vows to each other which you have to keep till you both die. This taught me the importance & significance of this sacrament and gives me a hint to what could happen in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Love it so much. Definitely worth reading. Grateful that I was chisen to comment on this story. I would totally read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice touch writing a flashback, it makes you stand out from the rest. Though, you kinda rushed things in the middle and everything just happened so quickly. You didn't stop to smell the roses, to tell us more details. Like when you started dating her, did you meet her parents? What was it like? That kinda thing, I just wish your story wasn't so lacking in detail, but aside from that this story is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story gave me a clear image and an idea of what a married couple look/feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was cute and sweet Jessica Laman 9B

    ReplyDelete