arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Choosing Happiness"

By: Mikaela Louise Mendiola SR-C

To be honest, I am still not sure of what I want to be in the future. I am unsure if I’m choosing the right path, unsure of what will really make me happy. This year is all about choosing the right course I would want to take up. It means that high school is about to end. College, for me, is all about setting new goals, and pursuing more dreams. 


When school started this year, most of my batch mates were already sure of what they want to take up in college. I am certainly not one of those people. I was nervous of choosing my course at first, because I wasn’t sure if it would really make me happy. I had a course I thought I wanted to take up, but I was nervous of writing it down on the application form. But I figured that I wouldn’t really know if it’s the right course for me unless I go for it, so I did. I chose a business course. I think the reason why I picked it is that we have a family business, so I know a bit of how it works. My parents told me that it can be a good course to take up so I could provide for myself, and so I could help my family. It could help financially when I get a job after I graduate in college. My friends also told me that they think a business course fits my personality. I have always been interested of working in a company, or at least continuing the family business. Since I’ve always been interested in those things, I know I can do a pretty good job on this course. I can be committed on something if it’s really what I want. I guess I already knew what I wanted, but I wasn’t sure of it. I can’t really decide without the help of the people around me. No person can really survive without anyone, I know I can’t. I just hope that this path I chose makes me happy in the future. I hope it makes my family happy in the future. After all, it’s not all about me. They say that it is, but I believe that it should also help the others around me. I just hope everything goes well in the future. 


Choosing the right course would be to choose happiness. Right course would be the one that is worth working hard on. I know I am still uncertain of my course, but I hope that it’s the right course for me. I hope it gives benefit to me and my family in the future. Because of the situation I am in right now, I have learned that those people who have been with you on your happiest days, will be the same people who will be with you on those days when you are having problems. I am talking about my family, my friends, and God most especially. Okay, I just realized something now. I think I shouldn’t be so nervous about this anymore. Because God will be with us along the way, He’ll be there with us always. Do you think He’ll give us a task we can’t do? Of course not, once He gives us a task, do not question why. We are given this task because He knows we can do it. God will be there always. Without God, I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment