arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Cassidy"

Submitted by: Sean Ethan King 9-A 22

Being in love and in a serious relationship at such an early age, could be very difficult. I really just
had a normal life, I would do my schoolwork, hang out with friends, spend time with my family, and
didn’t eat my vegetables. Until I was grade 6, and I met Cassidy , because we were classmates,
little did I know that she would be the love of my life. It started simple, I would introduce myself in
this creative way for her to notice me, and she did. I was very friendly to her and she was as well to
me. I would her treat, how she’s supposed to be treated, with respect, and etc. and cared for her,
the way she was supposed to and more. The feeling was amazing, and couldn’t be explained with
just one word, it should be expressed as “ the feeling was amazing, awesome, etc.”. We finally got
to express our feelings for each other, when my friends talked me into courting her, and they gave
me inspiration, I also listened to “Eminem” in “Lose Yourself” to not give up, so I just went for it.
After expressing our feelings toward one another, things just went slow, we would go out to dates,
hang out , etc. We did so much together, I couldn’t imagine what life would be without her, and I
would thank the Lord everyday for her birth. After finishing college and high school, and still being
as closer than ever, we decide to get married and settle down. We've been together for so long, I
just had to propose to her. So we got engaged, and Cassidy was going crazy, trying to prepare for
the marriage, and me, I was just pulling money out of my wallet, because it was really expensive,
but it was worth it, because I spent tons of money, but in the end it was priceless. We got married
in Basilica of the Sacred Heart, Notre Dame, Indiana. I was so surprised on how beautiful the place
was, it seemed unreal, the place was so huge and had 44 large stained glass windows and murals
completed over a 17-year period by the Vatican painter Luigi Gregori, plus this was the tallest
University Chapel in all of America. We wanted to get a Catholic marriage because we both
believed in God, we both wanted to be united in mutual and faithful love, we both believed that this
was a gift from the Lord, we both wanted to be a sign of Christ's love in the world. I was so glad
and lucky that i was going to marry Cassidy, I try to thank God everyday, because according to
Proverbs 18:22New King 22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing,

And obtains favor from the Lord." This meant that you can find may kinds of wives, the wives who
just use you for money and fame and fortune, or the wife who will just destroy you all together, but
I'm thankful to the Lord that I found the right one so early, and I truly believe that was a gift from
God, and that is another reason why I wanted a Catholic Marriage so badly. Before the marriage
however, we needed to know the rules and requirements for us to get married, which was just 3
basic rules:
The couple must be capable of being married—that is, they must be a woman and a man who are
free of any impediment that would prevent marriage.
The couple must give their consent to be married — that is, by an act of their will they irrevocably
give and accept one another in order to establish marriage (Canon 1057).
They must follow the canonical form for marriage—that is, they must be married according to the
laws of the Church so that the Church and the wider community will be certain about the validity of
their marriage.
Once the real marriage came along, it went well for the, most part, we said our vows, did the " you
may now kiss the bride part", then other stuff happened as well, until finally, before we knew it,
we've been married for years and have 2 kids Sofie and Matthew. Cassidy became an interior
designer and a top model, while I became a very successful businessman, so we turned out to be
very rich and famous. We did get into many of fights since we started our relationship, but like what
they always say "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and that was definitely the case here,
because it only made us stronger. Everyday and every night or anytime that I can, I pray just to be
thankful for having Cassidy and for our 2 beautiful children, I thank the Lord, because I have
everything i want in life, and my family is happy, I thank Him because we are more fortunate than
others and we have everything we need and more.
Reflection:
I learned so much from this project, especially knowing that marriage is very difficult and complex.
Marriage is more than just putting on rings, but it is a union of the 2 people, and being united in
mutual and faithful love. Marriage is a holy sacrament. This made me realize how important
marriage really is, and how finding your life partner would be very difficult. The bible could further
explain marriage just by a couple of verses, and to me thats really helpful. Marriage is very difficult
to begin with, but after marriage it would be even more difficult but by the end, it would be worth it,
if you found the right life partner, there is a saying from an unknown person "Don't marry someone
you can live with, you marry the person you can not live without" and this statement is really true
and wise. After marriage, you can start a family, and after marriage you are "one", you are united
with the other individual, and marriage makes us stronger, we would always have hardships in life
all the time, but in marriage it supports us. Marriage is very powerful as well, and this project
helped me realize that, temptation is everywhere, every minute of everyday of your life you will
face temptation, its inevitable, the devil will always try to tempt you no matter what, marriage on the
other hand is on of the "cures" to resist temptation, because marriage is love, we can defeat
temptation with love. Most importantly, after marriage and we become parents, it will become our
turn to help guide our children to the right path, etc. then they will start their own family, and the
cycle will continue.

11 comments:

  1. Great story man, very meaningful and also very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story. Very imaginative. Creative. Good ending. Nice reflection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story man it was really nice. Pretty long but you did a great job at telling the story 10/10 man good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pul Ona 9C First thing, I wanna say great job on this story Ethan! Really nice and complete. Generalized in the best way as well. Just the right amount of detail for the flow and appropriate settings as well. I could really see you spent alot of time in this, judging from the verses, plot flow and reflection. Good job talaga bro! Really deserves a 10/10! Niceėęēêèéë.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring story, well written and it makes me feel good. This story moved me and did help me for a better in my Christan Life. I reccomend this story to read for a small pinch of positivity.
    Jacob Darvin 9A

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10/10 amazing story
    The story is great. The characters are great. It is very entertaining. It is very positive and inspirational. This story taught me to work for what you want. This story told me about all the positive things in life not the bad ones

    ReplyDelete
  7. The story really captures the essence of Marriage. It shows that he truly understand the importance and sacredness of the married life. It is the type of story that gives people hope that maybe the cliches we read in books are actually possible to turn into reality. We never really know what is in store for us in the future but in the end it is our fate to start a family and raise them with all the kindness and love possible. Life is unpredictable and that's its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This story was very inspiring and I liked the creativity Ethan showed here.The lesson I learned was that you don't have to do anything to make a person like you, all you have to do is just be yourself.I also liked how he describes Cassidy here and they way he introduced himself.I also liked how he included a verse from the Bible, and it allowed me to really see God's presence in their relationship in the story.It was also very inspiring and cute.His conclusion was very nice, and I think he really managed to understand and explain the strength and bond marriage does to a couple in it.

    -Lorraine Del Rosario, 9A

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Story is amazing it can be inspiring to married couples for such an amazing story for them to recognize how married couples work. Its the essence of the story that makes the married couples inspires them. We people who aren't married yet can wait as long as we want. We shouldn't be in a hurry to get married because marriage is the biggest decision that people should think about it first. Well this story is amazing.
    - Sofia Souza, 9B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great story. It's positive and very realistic. Its how life should be used.

    ReplyDelete