arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Goal in Life

By: Joseph Songco Sr – B 


I come from a family of doctors. My grandfather built a hospital in Lipa, Batangas. I used to go with him while he was doing his rounds and sometimes I stay inside his clinic. Just being in the hospital and seeing all the people that we help makes me feel happy. Maybe that is why I became interested in the field of medicine. 

Being a doctor is tough. You will have to deal with problems, fatigue, and pressure. Before you can become one you will have to go through very long courses. You should be hardworking, determined and responsible. I think all that hard work will be worth it in the end because the feeling you get when helping someone is priceless. My Dad told me once that being a doctor is not about the money but it’s about helping. Money is just a bonus. 

I think the most important thing in my life right now is getting in a good college. College will be challenging, so I have to work harder and try not to be lazy. I have to set my goals and priorities. I am older now so I have to become more responsible. 

The most valuable thing that I have learned is that we should never give up. Determination will get you far, not just in being a doctor but also in any profession. Quitting won’t do any good. Another thing that we should always remember is that we should always pray and trust in God and remember that these thing wouldn’t happen if it weren’t for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment