arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Monday, March 16, 2015

“Missy”


By: Dominic Aguila 9B

I. It all started at high school, when me and met. When I saw her I knew it could be love at first sight. When I knew I couldn’t stop looking at her I knew it would be like a crush/ puppy love. I couldn’t stop thinking about her. I noticed she had every single quality I would expect from someone; kind, nice, smart, friendly. To me she was perfect. I also noticed she was a bit shy. I’m okay with that. I’m also a shy person so yeah. I’m not really a choosy person. But if a girl would have those qualities then good. So when it was Valentine’s day I wanted to give her something, but I was too shy, so I backed out. The very next year, I knew I had to do something instead of backing out and be afraid again. When she came to school I was surprised of her brand new look..

So the first term I tried talking to her, it was hard, so I had a hard time doing it. So for the whole first term I was ashamed of myself and planned out what to do for the second term. At the start of the second term, I tried talking to her and be brave. So the first conversations were really awkward and short. Until when we talked a lot, we eventually became friends. However she doesn’t know I had feelings for her. I was afraid if she knew about it, she would feel awkward talking to me and the friendship would die. So I decided to not let her know. I know I make lots of good decisions in my life, believe that was not one of them. 

Ever since we became friends, it’s kinda been hard for me to keep it a secret and prevent her from finding out. So as long as we were friends, I looked out for her and helped her all the time. At the same time tried so hard to still keep it a secret. I kept that secret my whole high school life. I wanted to keep that friendship as long as I can. Tried so hard to not make it look awkward and obvious. Sometimes I needed to avoid her in order to keep it a secret and not make it that obvious. But it’s kinda hard to stop looking at her pretty face and her really kind personality. But I knew every conversation I had with her, I knew she was one step closer to finding out. But I tried so hard to make the friendship last. I looked out for her so much, helped her and make her happy. I know sometimes I can be grumpy in front her, although I try so much not to. I want her to always be happy that is why I try so much to make her happy because I hate seeing people sad especially if it’s her.

I promise to myself to never hurt her and every now and then I keep reminding myself never to break that promise. Also I try not make her feel awkward, first because we’re still kids. I would try to court when we’re at least senior high school or college already if we’re still friends, which I believe will really never happen so as early as that I might as well don’t get my hopes up and just make the most out of my time with her and eventually give up.. But however when we were at college it did actually worked out. I was really happy that she was the one. So when we were together already, I realized my shyness at high school was all for nothing. When we were a couple already I asked her “Why?” then she just said that I was there for her. Then I felt really surprised at first then I just felt happy. So at first I just hugged her, then for a brief moment I just didn’t know what to do. Then I realized what am I so afraid of, I should just continue to make her happy and make her feel special because I know she is. Soon after a few years I just proposed.

II. A few years later, we got married at a local church we both agreed on.. From that day on I would consider myself one of the luckiest guys ever. I was happily married to a girl whom you know will always make you happy and make you feel special, as I did to her. You’ll know she’s really special for her pretty face, nice and kind personality and you’ll know that she’ll never hurt you. Soon we had kids. The kid naming part wasn’t really my specialty so I just let her decide on the names. So we had two kids and boy and a girl and named them Jericho and Bianca. It’s best not to question why. As we watched the kids and us grew older, I could prove that I could the luckiest guy alive because I have the best wife and a very loving family whom I love.


III. Based from my experience in writing this essay I could simply say that love and relationships are complicated but not that complicated. Love, in my opinion is like a billion dollars, hard to get but not impossible. It can be easily obtained in the proper way and can be made possible through hard work and an optimistic mind. I learned based from this essay that relationships are hard at first. You need to find that perfect someone whom you can have a connection with whom you’ll know will love you back the you way you loved , respected and made her special. Also I learned that Marriage is a sacrament that is performed in a church signifying the bond between two lovers.




8 comments:

  1. The story was very creative. I felt like it was a cliff-hanger maybe you should've focused on your married life too and not too much on the highschool life you had withe her. The story felt like it wasnt made up, i thought it was real at first until he mentioned marriage. I reall like it, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my friend...

    So here is my reflection to this wonderful story:

    It was a pretty inspiring story that made me realize that you must be brave first to get the girl you loved. Also

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was pretty sincere of his story. Showing that a simple guy can get a wonderful girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story Dom. Your story is good. Don't be shy bro. Congrats on the story being popular. Your love story is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete