arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bestfriend vs. Boyfriend

by: Paula Lim

              If I were in a sinking ship, i'd probably save my bestfriend. First of all, the bond shared between bestfriends is different compared to the one shared by boyfriends. The friendship between bestfriends take years to nurture while the "intimacy and bond" of between boyfriends usually are of shorter periods of time. And at times of trouble, there are things that can be solved with your bestfriend that your boyfriend cannot handle. Plus, when you guys break up, to who do you run to? It's always the bestfriend that picks up the pieces that the boyfriend broke and left behind. I honestly believe that a person can function without a boyfriend but cannot live without a bestfriend. Some people even function without a love life because they choose another path in life like the choosing to live in single blessedness. It is so much harder to replace a bestfriend than replacing a boyfriend. Honestly. Like for me, I depend so much on my bestfriend. I treat them like my happy pills when I feel down or sad. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be where I am now without people like them. Now, the bestfriend was a part of most of your life and was there in good times and in bad times. Boyfriend- Girlfriend relationships are just in the misc. section. One can really learn to live without them and direct their love to something else. But the friendship that one gets from a bestfriend is different and something that is hard to replace. :) So yes, i'll save my bestfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment