arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"As Long As We Are Happy"

CL Individual Minor Performance Task
SY 2014-2015 Term 3

By: Eon Buendia 9C CN8
February 17, 2015

It's the year 2028. You wake up and breakfast is already at your side. "Smells like her
cooking!", you say to yourself. You consume your food and get off the bed and head to the
living room. You see your wife sitting on the couch playing games and she notices you
stepping out of the doorway. She cheerfully waves hello to you. You head towards her and kiss
her on the forehead and take a seat next to her. Though the thing is... I can't see what she
looks like. I know it doesn't sound like much on text and I know it indeed sounds odd, but
allow me to explain. Even though I still cannot identify whom this mystery dream girl is. I
know that the both of us are happy, and honestly that is all that matters.

Have you ever experienced a "Premonition"? It's usually associated with events that
seem to have happened in a dream in the previous day. Causing, a feeling of déjà vu. It all
started in the 10th grade. Ever since the first day of classes, I have been having visions of the
future. But not the day after as usual, I was able to control where, and when the dream took
place. I was able to see into the future. See what happens to me, what courses I took, what job
I got, and I got to see how I got married! But... The trade off was that... I wasn't able to
identify anybody. I could not see the faces of anybody present in the wedding. Their faces
were covered by... Symbols... But, that didn't stop me from seeing how I got married.
Everyone, even though i could not see how they looked, I could tell everybody was happy. I
could tell which emotion anybody was portraying yet, I don't quite understand how I do it.

Then I decided to see how I spend time with "her". It seemed as if everyday was new.
High School isn't very kind to me. It has been bringing me stress, and depression I always
thought of giving up on school. But there was something that kept pushing me to continue.
The future. Whenever I felt down I always thought of a reason I should keep pushing
through. And I always think about her. I don't know if we were friends previously or if we just

started dating immediately She treats me well and I treat her well also. She makes all of my
problems wash away. She gives me a reason to push through and not give up. Everyday with
her feels refreshing and new. I may not know who she is, nor what she looks like. I don't know
when i'll meet her, or how long it will take. But I know one thing for sure. Even though I may
not know her, she brings me happiness. And honestly, this unknown female, she can be
anybody. She doesn't have to be a specific person. As long as she is someone who keeps me
happy and she is someone I keep happy, and as long as we're happy, that is a good enough
marriage for me.

REFLECTION
I wanted to teach a lesson on how you shouldn't care on how someone is supposed to
look, but on how they're supposed to treat you. Just cause someone looks nice does not mean
you should think of marrying them for, they could not be the right one. And I wanted to be
able to implement fiction into the story so it would not be uninteresting. I hope this will be
able to teach a lesson.

37 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say was like a dramatic movie in a fanfiction writing with a little thtiller shock that embraces the word "LOVE". But I like ot

    Love this fanfiction love story

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it was so nice. I kinda feel a movie fanfic in it. With the elements of a secret dizzy love. It was so nice to feel good. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heey Eon. That was a cool story. I like how it was very long and very meaningful. I like how it was very long and you still managed to keep her name unknown. Even i couldnt do something close to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very nice and simple. The story was short and very sweet. The question is who is she and what is she like? The trail of thoughts were well organized. Good job!
    - Jen Serrano ( 9C )

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story is inspiring. I really love the essence. It is also different from the others I read. I hope the story reaches more viewers. Lastly, The story is beautiful in structure and meaning. -9C KATRINA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pul ona 9-C Nice one Eon! Liked the background and story, the theory sounds nice too. Really gives alot of relativity with daily de ja vu experiences! It relates with that nicely and also connects well with the topic. Awesome delivery on the topic and very home warm feeling when reading it. Cool and reflective story! Wish it had more to it though, elaboration and indulgence to that base would make a cool book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the story because I find it cool that he can see the future. It is also really nice that he doesn't care about looks. That he only cares about being genuine to each other. It is all in all an amazing story. -kiana dacanay

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaannnnndddd

    You can learn lots of things in the story. -kiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice. It gives imagination. It also gives you a nice storyline. It's also creative. You have a nice reflection - Jose Manotok 9-C

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned in eons story that happiness is precious. Happiness is something to keep close for it will keep you up whilst you are down. Happiness will lead to love, or it can be the other way around. Happiness can come and go so when it comes you better make the most of it, but when you keep yourself happy and the person making you happy, then the relationship will flourish. From eons stroy i Learned you have much to look forward too, and on the dimmest of days all you need to do is think about the person who loves you. Sean Suayan 39 9C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Eon. Great story you could really make a novel out of this. Great story and great depth. This story shows what true love is and shows love, eagerness, and .... Its deep - Ryu Kono 9-C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creatively written story and it was still nice even though there were no names in the story. It was quite interactive and gave a good message to the readers. Nice story overall :) Karolyn Villaroman 9C

    ReplyDelete
  13. GSG.H4VICK '14March 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM
    This story is a good example because of this. This story shows how true love can really bring people together. This story also shows how two people can really stay together through true love. This story also shows how true commitment through one another can really make your relationship prosper. This story overall shows how you can have a perfect relationship through the guidance of God. Eon, this story really shows how perfect relationships can happen, I wish everybody's relationships can be like your story, your story is so deep.....

    -Bourne Victor, 9C

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how original the story is. The story is different at the fact that he can't see their faces but how they feel and their personality. The lesson in this story is that you should love someone based on their personality and how they treat you, and not from their looks. Which is true and this is something this generation should know. This is pretty helpful to make this society way better than how it is right now. And by teaching people how to love better, this will be a better world and people will be loved a lot more easily. (Jerika Luna 9C)

    ReplyDelete
  15. the story was nice and touching because we can use this story in our daily lives - 9C

    ReplyDelete
  16. The story was nice. It shows that in a relationship looks doesnt matter but its how thay treat you. This shows true love.

    Alfonso 9C

    ReplyDelete
  17. The story has a really good moral. You should love someone for who they really are. Even though you don't know who it exactly is, love will bring you together. You are brought together by true love. It's a really good and inspiring story. Would recommend for others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice story. It's very unique. You could learn a lot of good values from this story and it was very inspiring. It shows what love is all about. It has a good lesson -Gillian Ellar 9C

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was a well written story, honestly. But i'm so curious as to who this girl is. The story you made has an amazing meaning to it. It means that you shouldn't judge based on the person's looks but his or her traits and perosnality. "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Regina Atienza, 9C

    ReplyDelete
  21. This story is a very well-written story. It is a nice love story that teacher readers to "Not judge a book by its cover." The story uses great wordsmanship (is that a word?) And could really accidentally be considered a short story by a well-known author.

    Jacob Hinto 9-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwww Eon! This story is very unique I think that no one else has actually thought about something like this. I love it it's so cute hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Honestly, your story is a breath of fresh air. My reason being that people always say the same boring thing again and again in stories like " Her eyes captivated me." or some other thing like that. Yours was different, yours wasn't about appearances . For once, there's a story like that , a love story where a man doesn't go on and on about how pretty the girl is or her voice is or some other thing about her body. Your story was about someone who actually didn't care and that, is a great thing. It makes it unique and not at all in the bad way.

    Gabrielle A. Lacson 9-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great story and great job!! i really really like it. Its really deep and meaningful. It shows us that love pushes us and helps us even tho we dont know who we're loving. This is really like arrozcaldo for the heart!
    - Felix Liwanag

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. "As Long as Were Happy"
    This story is worth my time! I love the way it was written. Not everyone has a gift of writing simple yet wonderful short story! This shows no matter who we with in the future, as long as the person who you would be with in eternity is someone you truely love, your life would be filled with happiness no matter the challanges you face!

    Tracie Bejar

    ReplyDelete
  27. VeRy veRy good stoRy indeed. Please foRgive my constant R's my keyboaRd is bRoken. No matteR.

    This was a veRy nice stoRy veRy well though out best I have Read so faR, this was my choice to Read this and I see I chose well the concept of seeing into the futuRe completely bRilliant. When you think about it, the stoRy teaches you that no matteR what she looks like as long as you aRe both happy and tReat each otheR faiRly you deseRve each otheR and tRuly do love each otheR.

    Nico Gilladoga 9D 19

    ReplyDelete
  28. Truly worth-reading indeed eon:)keep writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very good story I like how it has a twist to it and a moral behind it, how we should choose happiness over false judgement and that personality is greater than looks. It is also very original and well written

    ReplyDelete
  30. This just shows that looks don't really matter but what matters is what is in the inside. As long as you are happy you will find you true love.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Be happy with what you are inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was able to realize that looks do not matter at all. It is a about the beauty within. This story is really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I believe that Eon's desire and intent to teach others humility was achieved. Eon truly did an outstanding job in writing his story. His imagination to apply fiction, his ideas and choice of words were truly able to capture my mind and understand him. Eon's story also teaches us to appreciate the blessings around us. We must appreciate the kindness within everyones hearts, and to not judge people based on their looks. Everybody has their own secret within.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The story was very unique in every aspect and it really shows that it doesn't matter how anyone looks as long as you really love them with all your heart

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good job, Eon. This warmed the ice in my heart haha.

    ReplyDelete
  36. You should be a journalist when you grow up. The story is very unique! And nice!. Good job and you really made effort in making this story. Nice one. Good Job! -justine litam 9E

    ReplyDelete