arrozcaldofortheheart

"ArrozCaldoForTheHeart"Arroz caldo is a hearty Filipino congee/"lugaw" and topped with crunchy fried garlic. The result is a quick, comforting bowl that's a perfect rainy time meal (and rivals chicken soup for its ability to sooth those suffering from a cold). Like this famous blend of culture dish, this blog aims to share Christian Living inputs such as insights or opinions, original stories and the like from the compilations of the projects of his students for the past decade. May these readings sooth the sunken soul, tired heart and stressed body.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Mahogany"

 by: Nico Tagle 

My friends and I were on the way headed to play a friendly match of volleyball in another village. When we got there I could see people playing in the court getting ready to battle us, after a few minutes I substituted with my friend so I can play then I saw a beautiful girl named Megan, in the other side of the court she was getting ready to serve the ball. At that moment I couldn't stop thinking of her during the game.
After the game I asked her what school does she study in she said she studies in La Salle, when she said she studies in La Salle and she was in the same batch as me so I was happy. I asked her questions like "What do we wear for class tomorrow?" and she asked me questions like" I what course are you taking?". A few minutes later it got awkward so I said bye and left.

The next day I saw her during classes and we talked and stuff. After a few weeks I manned up and asked her to go out with me and she said "Yes!". We went out, ate dinner, watch movies and walked around. I was taking her home on my car because it was late, when she entered her house she closed the door and looked at the window, while she was looking at the window she fell in love with me. When I left I fell in love with her too.

After college we got separated because of our jobs but we would meet up every weekend. 3 years has past and we were still together then I decided to settle down with her already. I planned my proposal with my friends it took for about 3 weeks to plan. The day of the proposal I took her cinemas (the cinemas were rented by me) and watched a video of us then everybody in the theater room will hold a cartolina saying" will you merry me?".

She said " yes!".

At the day of the marriage we were getting ready then I headed to Mahogany, Tagaytay City for the wedding. As I walked in the isle I was very nervous because I'm going to be with this woman for my whole life. As she was walking down the isle she was also very nervous but no matter what happens we both love each other. 15 years after marriage we had two kids one boy and one girl. Our family travels around the world exploring cultures and wildlife. We were together until the end.

21 comments:

  1. Hannah Ortillo 9D
    "Mahogany by Nico Tagle"
    This story was cute because it showed how he wanted to end up with the girl he wanted to court. The story is too short thought hehehe ily Nico 💗💗💗. I enjoyed reading it. I totally love it yay. Make your stories longer next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mahogany by Nico Tagle"
    This story is worth spending 5 mins of my time. Every word I read is worth every millisecond of my life. Its a good story about a person who you first see and fall in love. When this happens, that beautiful person you see is now forever projected in your mind. Your eyes seems to be interlocked into that person. Whats cute about the story is that in the end, they had a great relationship and children in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story is really cute. It shows love at first sight. The story portrayed the two lovers well. Honestly a movie theater? So much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Mahogany by Nico Tagle"
    The story was amazing.mit tells us that love at first sight is really true. I like how they just met in a game and they didn't know that they were batch mates until they got closer and how they ended up together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is, well, no offence, but, it has wrong grammatarization. Another problem is that your story is rushed and I understand that it's supposed to be a short story, so that's okay. Aside from those, another thing that I would like to point out is that the flow isn't really smooth. Your story doesn't really have any unique things that happen in it too. Though, aside from that your story is good already.


    Gabrielle A. Lacson 9-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find this story really cute. It's very realistic. I like how there are a lot of details. The details made it even more realistic than it was supposed to be. It made the story better.
    Reyes, Katarina S. 9D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED IT. One of the cutest stories I've read. It was short and simple, but at the same time adorable no interesting. Nice one Nico!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The story was very realistic. It was very simple but very sweet. The story showed how determined he was. The story is really relateable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Show hows coincidence runs well with love. This shows that long term friendships can develop. Also shows how the strength of love bond seperated people. Shows that love may be irresistible. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This story was really cute and I loved it! It was very easy to relate too since its about a student falling inlove. It was so simple and I loved the concept that Nico came up with. Simple yet truthful to life. Nico's story taught me that anyone can fall inlove no matter how young you are, it is up to you to make the love last! ❤️ Good job Nico! Fix your grammar nalang and spelling hehe love you Nico!!

    -sophie flores 9F

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job Nico! Pretty cool. Seems rushed though. Just work on your grammar buddy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was nice, but at some pionts it didn't make sense. But I learned that being searated because of work or school will not ruin the relationship, love and friendship will not be broken because of being separated but it is about being separated and still be one strong bond, this shows how strong you are as a pair or a group.
    Nicole Herbosa 9F

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tomas Santos 9F
    I loved explaining the troubles you experienced trying for your love keeping it alive no matter what. I enjoyed the struggle you described in it. You described the problems you encountered through the years and the feelings. The idea of the proposal it is different from what I hear often, this cost more than a normal proposal but thAt is love. I wish you the best in your love life and hope your ideals in your marriage come true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is very nice. Although it is short but it is heart warming. Very inspirational. No offense but it seems rushed. The story has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One word and that word is DESTINY. It is shown in the story that you can find "the one" for you in just a simple glance and its very coincidencial that you would find the one you love in a sport you are passionate in which is volleyball. Even if there are grammatical errors I still understood the true essence of your story. Being awkward is normal but it showed that you tried to talk to her just to meet and get to know her. It may seemed rush but it was very realistic since you guys got separated but still maintained a good and healthy relationship. Its also valuable to show the efforts of one another to retain a relationship which was evident here which lead to marriage. Truly an amazing story, I hope you make more but with less grammatical errors. - James 9F

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the story because its touching and show true love

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yo Nico, the story was nice. Great sequencing of events. It was a happy ending. You put a lot of romance. It's too bad it wasn't Paris.

    ReplyDelete